It is frustrating when the blog you so painstakingly created and one in which you so lovingly write posts in, does not get many readers. Yes, that’s right. This is something most bloggers have to deal with regularly. Getting more people to come to your blog is paramount to success. If you are a blogger who wants to make money through PPC and Adsense programs, pageviews become all the more important. You need to encourage people to not only visit your blog, but also click more when they are there! How can that be done? There are many sites being dedicated to how to get more pageviews on blogs but most of them are written by people who have no idea what they are talking about! Here are some of the chosen methods that the blogger gurus themselves use scrounged from the internet. Have a look!
5 Ways to Encourage Visitors To Your Blog
- Writing related posts is a good idea to increase pageviews to your blog. They also ensure that readers ‘stick’ to your blog like glue! Various plugins are available on blogging platforms that will allow you to tag related posts together. So when a visitors stumbles upon your blog and reads a post he finds interesting, he will get directed to other posts which are related. This will mean that he will stay in your blog for a substantial amount of time and his chances of clicking more also increase!
- Interlinking your posts is also a good idea to get more pageviews to your blog. Link your old posts to the new ones and vice versa. This will ensure that if a new post is being read by a visitor, he will be encouraged to read an older one too. Interlinking is also known to increase search engine results. But make sure you don’t interlink excessively as it spoils the ambience of the blog.
- Make popular posts stand out in your blog. Most blogging platforms come with widgets which let you showcase the most popular posts in your blog. Using attractive headlines and catchy titles showcase these popular posts to make sure that your visitors don’t miss them.
- A lot of bloggers have effectively used the ‘excerpts’ method to increase page views and clicks on their blogs. In the home page, you may want to give the blog titles and excerpts of the posts and then a ‘Read more’ option. But this may be counter effective. Some readers think it is too much trouble to click on links to read posts and prefer the ongoing entry style.
- If you are making your blog available on RSS feed, which is definitely a good thing to do, it would be a good idea to not let the whole article be possible to be viewed on them. Instead, have links of your posts on such feeds so that people have to click on them and come to your blog to read. This will increase your pageviews and encourage people to click more.
Rajkumar Jonnala likes to write about topics on IT, Science and Technology related to server rack and rack cabinets. Technology runs the world and he believes that a good understanding of such things will help us to make the best use of these modern day devices.