Bing gave me a key to all the links that points to a website. That has now become an answer to those who think that finding links to a site is digging for water in a desert. It have become so easy that when i first tried it. I laughed at the availability of paid online tools to discover your links. That is so Old Skool from now. At least for those who can’t afford different tools just for finding links.
It has made the task of finding spam links pointing to your site easy.
Well, those who were huge followers of the Yahoo Site Explorer have now got their dream wish. Many of us also were really sad when it was taken back. I don’t know what others think. But that’s what i think. Although you can always tell by the nature of big sites. They are always taking new initiatives to give the users what we needed.
And it did come back. In new clothes, lots of rejuvenating options. And a really simple interface. To use the new bing Link Explorer. You need a windows live, msn, hotmail id. Any of these will do. It doesn’t have that much functionality like the Yahoo Site Explorer. But, it still have a nice toolkit to play with.
Here are the Options that make the Bing Link Explorer just more helpful to find links.
1. URL : The first search field asks for a URL. Any website that you enter will have its links counted along with the keywords.
2. Filter by site : Bing already filters the list and displays only one URL from all the links from that domain. If you want them all. Just put the site in the Filter by site section. Helpful, isn’t it.
3. Anchor Text : This option in the Bing Webmaster Tools let you know the URLs of each anchor text. Better will you know how many links are there for that particular anchor text. Its main use is to know how many strong is your anchor text for that competition.
4. Additional Query : You can simply shorten your list further by entering the additional query for that domain.
5. Scope : It lets you find backlinks that point to a particular page or even all the links that point to your website.
6. Source : It lets you know if you want to know about only external links, internal links or both of them in one list. I would rather use External option. It is very cute!
7. Export : Just like any other list tools. It allows you to export your file to .csv (excel format). So that you can further share it with your SEO team.
Here is nothing but a simple short guide to properly find your link s.
How to find links using Bing Link Explorer.
1. First of all, you have to sign up and add your site to bing webmaster tools. Sorry, i am not going to teach you that. And the second thing is finding all your links from different websites that actually point to you through Bing Link Explorer.
2. In the sidebar, you will find the option “Link Explorer” that is where your external links stay and remain. Just fill in the URL of your site. Hit explore. And you will be provided with the whole list of keywords and URLs of your site.
This was all about the Bing Link Explorer. It is so easy to use, that i never felt any glitch while using the Bing Link Explorer tool. Don’t be afraid to use it for different purposes. Such as :
- Spy on Your Competitor’s site using Bing Link Explorer : You can pull out all the links of your competitor and use the anchor text option to find how much links he have for the same keyword as you have. You can also dignify your links further for the ranking purpose.
- Check Your Internal Links count and estimate keyword competition : You can easily find internal links (on your competitor’s site also). Compare them and check if they have wrong link anchors attached to them. You can also estimate how much is it taking you to build links for an anchor text and how much more do you need?
- Check for SPAM Links : SPAM Links are a pain. They point to you even if you don’t build them(sometimes). Other times, you don’t need them after building. You can check which are those sites and which are the keywords they have. You can also check for sites linking to you with wrong keywords. Only because of the Bing Link Explorer.