In my last post about Profile Marketing, I told you about how you can build a strong profile online and tell people that you’re not just a simple sharer. This post is about how to enable google authorship markup for the special pages that you own. Moreover, this will further contribute to your profile and also increase your search engine visits if you have a strong profile.
Google authorship markup is such an easy way to implement that you will be laughing with me at the end of the post. There are three ways to enable Google Authorship Markup or beginners can say it”adding your picture to search results of your site”. I will be discussing the easiest one of them.
How to enable Google Authorship Markup for your site?
What you’ll need:
- A Google Plus Profile
- A Blog owned by you(just joking, i know that you have it)
- No knowledge of HTML.
Here to start, the Google Plus Contributor method :
1. Add a link like this to each of your page that has the content owned by you.
<a href=”https://plus.google.com/107139063477052746532/posts?rel=author”>Author’s Name</a>
2. Here, replace that 107139063477052746532 with your Google plus id. Remember to have that ?rel=author tag at the end.
3. With this link in all your website pages or your guest author profile. The next step is to go to your Google plus profile and add your website link to the sidebar. Now, you are just done. Everything is in place. The only thing you can do now is check for it.
How to check Google Authorship Markup?
1. Go to webmaster tools rich snippet testing tool.
You can also add the Google Authorship Markup by using a wordpress plugin. The name of that plugin is Author Sure.