Profile marketing is an important part for all the authority you might ever chase. Bringing visitors with your profile is what we will be discussing here. Marketing is the other side of profit that only successful people have realized, yet. It can be hard for you to get visits. But, why am I discussing Visits and traffic in an Profile Marketing post. I have a reason, because you can get traffic from there as well.
I know this is confusing. Let me give you an example, suppose you have a twitter account. You have also published your website URL under your BIO. Now the interesting part, when you check visits from my profile ID, you get 0 visits. That was easy to predict. But, what is wrong! you tweet regularly and also sometimes follow people. Why aren’t they interested in your links. I will specify that to you in the below paragraphs.
How to Bring Traffic From Correct Profile Marketing?
1. Want others to share your content? Be the first : Social Media platforms like Facebook, twitter and Google+ have great potential for customers. There are people who aren’t bots and have the time to read and discover something new.
So hitting them with your link in the first place would be good. Only if they find it helpful. You can simply just go and share your posts and new ideas with your readers and you will get a thing that is also known as “returning visitors”. Isn’t it great!
2. Your Activity and user experience will test you : Look, I have added this guy two weeks ago on facebook. Haven’t known him or anything about him. One day I see a link from his profile. Why would I crawl? The same applies to all those users who create IDs just to share and not work together with those who share. The better idea will be to interact with your readers when you get the idea. Make them participate! Ask them and make them more respected. A good profile marketing strategy should always have nice activity.
3. Please don’t share (just) links : Links are not the only thing you would always like to share. Share with them the great content you discover everyday. Ask them what they like. Make them ask from you and be there when they ask you. That is when profile marketing would start building up for you. I have already discussed that how badsocial media links contribute to link spam and bad link graph of your site.
4. Don’t just comment or spit, add value to the discussion : This one is important. I have seen people going to different blogs and different sites, commenting “thanks for sharing”, “great post” and i have seen people do the same on facebook. Let me tell you something, this doesn’t work! Adding to the value is the best way to market and increase value of the profile.
5. The same face everywhere? I know this person : When you see people’s face. You remember it for a small time. And human psychology says that humans only remember 10,000 faces. Would they remember yours? Yes they will. Use the same decent photo everywhere. With the same “original” name. And they will know you, recognize you on Facebook, twitter, Google plus and your blog! Profile Marketing will also help people recognize you further!
6. Have a product? Share it with them : Are you planning a new product, an ebook or something like that. Ask their opinions, choices, what would they want for a similar guide that is a must have? This will have your profile given more retweets, shares as people like to discuss with others before taking decisions! I forget to tell, profile marketing will also help your product. In other words, perspectives + demand = Awesome Product
Focus on marketing your content more than your product you will discover success in the social media world much before you can measure. And that is the Aha! moment for me. People will be flocking to the site that they see with your photo.
You will get more followers just by that one post you write on an authority blog. And the same will happen to your blog which has your big photo and bio in the sidebar. It works for me and will work for you. Oops! I missed one tactic. Can you tell me which it is. Come on, tell me and i will set up your blog’s facebook page for free (with an awesome welcome tab).